2. Submit articles to local publications, magazines, and newspapers. Please note you may have to pay for your work to be published until editors see it is worthwhile and educational; not a sales pitch.
3. Be at every community event and volunteer your time (i.e., Relay for Life, Alzheimer’s Association walks, etc.). Lending a helping hand is free, always needed, and greatly appreciated.
4. Host your own radio show or ask the expert program and address valuable hot topics.Again, you may have to pay for your program to be aired in the beginning.
5. Advertise your picture and agency on placemats and menus.I have found this is the best use of marketing dollars depending on prices and geographic location.
6. Give away your own, or someone else’s, informative booklets for free. Be sure to include a personal touch or cover letter with each one. If you want to give a more valuable free gift, write a foreword or testimonial for a book, and then give away the book with it.
7. Compile a list of all of the television, radio, email and publications in your area. Then, write a press release for everything you do with your business, and send it to them to spark attention.
8. Work with someone to develop a paid media campaign to get you on FOX, ABC, NBC, etc.
9. Always be respectful and kind to everyone you encounter while serving them unceasingly.
Submitted by: Dennis M. Postema, President & CEO of Postema Marketing Group, LLC
Want prospecting, marketing, sales, and business
tips and inspiration delivered to your inbox weekly?
Join nearly 10,000 fellow agents and advisors subscribed to the PMG Power Blog!
Postema Marketing Group is a full-service Independent Marketing Organization (IMO) dedicated to providing world-class products and services to our clients. We have partnered with some of the strongest names in the insurance industry and proudly serve independent agents from coast to coast.
GET IN TOUCH.
Check us out on Social Media! Remember to Like, Follow, and Connect with us so you never miss out on the Latest Blog Posting's, Webinars, Updates, and Much More!
This site is not for the general public. It is for licensed insurance agents only. No portion of this website, or information contained therein, can be reproduced on other public or private websites without express written consent by Postema Marketing Group, LLC. Failure to comply with this policy will result in legal penalties. The materials contained in this site are for the purpose of providing our agents with a quick guide to products available through Postema Marketing Group. While we make every effort to maintain the accuracy of information provided on this site, Postema Marketing Group, LLC. DOES NOT GUARANTEE the accuracy of information provided on this site and is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ERRORS AND OMISSIONS. All information should be verified with Postema Marketing Group by the Agent.